Fire in the Town of Beloit



Cooking oil left unattended on the stove is being blamed for a fire in the Town of Beloit. Firefighters say they found smoke and flames coming from the home in the 24-hundred block of Jackson Street when they arrived a little after 3:00 o'clock yesterday afternoon. The first crew quickly put out the flames, but the home sustained 35-thousand dollars damage. Authorities say no one was home at the time, and the smoke detectors were not working.


Filed Under :  
Locations : Beloit
Search