Advanced Care Planning: It’s About the Conversation
Presented by a registered nurse, this one-hour session will teach participants about advanced care planning. Advance Care Planning is a process of understanding, reflecting on, and discussing future medical decisions. All adults should think about, discuss and create an Advanced Care Plan, regardless of age and current health status. Having an advance care plan is truly a gift for yourself and others.
The session will cover:
• What is advanced care planning?
• Understanding your healthcare treatment options
• Clarifying your healthcare goals
• Weighing options about the kind of care you would want or not want
• Choosing a health care agent who can speak for you if you cannot speak for yourself
• How to communicate your wishes with your family, friends and healthcare provider
Handouts on the topic will be available for participants at the end of the session.
Date: Thursday, November 2nd
Time: 11:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Meriter Business Center – 2650 Novation Parkway, Madison
This program is being offered in partnership with the Wisconsin Women’s Health Foundation.
There is no charge for this program, but advanced registration is required. To register, visit: unitypoint.org/classes.
To cancel your registration, please contact the Women’s Health Education Department at (608)417-8446.