AUDIO: Janesville Fire Department Warns of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning



The Janesville Fire Department responds to seven carbon monoxide poisoning calls in four days.

While most were false alarms, two were caused by faulty furnaces, and one was caused by a vehicle heating up in the driveway, with the exhaust blowing into the garage.

In total, seven people were transported to the hospital from two families due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Fire Department hopes the incidents serve as a reminder to others, to make sure their CO detectors are in good working order.  Also never operate an sort of gas operated heater inside your home, have your appliances checked yearly.  It's also not a good idea to warm up your vehicle while it's still parked in the garage.


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_AccidentEnvironment
Social :
Search