Extension cords blamed for Beloit house fire



Beloit fire officials may have already found the cause of an early Friday morning blaze in a home at 936 Kenwood Avenue.  Assistant Fire Chief Tim Curtis says heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from the basement and first floor when they responded to the alarm at 12:45 a.m. Friday.  Curtis says it appears a coiled extension cord under bedding and leading to a space heater may have started the fire.  He says a smoke detector alerted the two adults and five children to the fire.  The Red Cross is helping the family find a place to stay.

Search