Don't Miss the Boat: Official Contest Rules
WCLO/WJVL “Don’t Miss the Boat” Official Rules
- Must be 18 or older to enter.
- There are two official ways to enter the contest:
- Visit official “Don’t miss the Boat” broadcasts from May 1 through June 21, 2014. During the officially published times (published at www.wjvl.com and www.wclo.com and announced on air) eligible participants will be allowed one play of our “Fishin’ in the Dark” game for a chance to become an instant qualifier for the grand prize. A play will constitute completion of a fishing game where a contest piece (fish) becomes attached to a specially outfitted fishing lure. A variety of prizes will be available including a special designation of “Instant Grand Prize Qualifier” which, if pulled from our “pool”, will result in the instant qualification of the contestant in the final grand prize drawing. In the event that two or more fish are attached in a single attempt, WCLO/WJVL reserve the right to choose which fish will be “kept” and which prize will be awarded. In the event that multiple fish are attached and one designates an instant qualifier, the contestant will be deemed an official Instant Grand Prize Qualifier.
- Grand Prize Qualifiers will receive a letter via the US Mail stating that she/he is a qualifier; outlining the credit eligibility requirements and detailing the final giveaway event at which all Grand Prize Qualifiers must be present in order to be eligible to win.
- Grand Prize Qualifiers will also be selected from a pool of online registrations at www.wjvl.com and www.wclo.com . Each weekday, two entrants will be chosen by random drawings from all entries received to that date from each respective station’s registration pool. Names will be announced on WCLO or WJVL each morning and afternoon Monday-Friday between 6am-9am and between 3pm-6pm. Any person whose name is announced will have five minutes to call the respective station (WCLO at (608) 752-4000 or WJVL at (608) 752-5500 or 800-261-0999) to become an official Grand Prize Qualifier.
- There will be a limit of one online entry per person per station (two total).
- The person whose name is drawn is the only person eligible to complete the call-back process and become an official Grand Prize Qualifier.
- You may attempt to become an “Instant Grand Prize qualifier” once at any “Don’t miss the Boat” appearance until becoming a Grand Prize Qualifier through either qualification method.
- As a condition of becoming a Grand Prize Qualifier, contestants agree to provide necessary information as requested to determine their credit-worthiness as a conditional prerequisite in order to accept the lease contained within the grand prize. In such a credit determination, the Grand Prize Qualifier must meet the requirements for “A” or “S” Tier Credit from Chevrolet/General Motors. This determination will be made by representatives of Burtness Chevrolet on the date of and at a time prior to the final giveaway event. If a Grand Prize Qualifier is rejected as a credit applicant for any reason, they will be deemed ineligible for purposes of the final giveaway event. Any contestant not wishing to go through the credit check process will be deemed ineligible to participate in the final giveaway event. The credit worthiness of any individual contestant is not subject to further review past the initial credit approval process.
- Should a Grand Prize Qualifier desire to have their credit eligibility pre-determined prior to the final event, such a request can be made of Burtness Chevrolet and can be performed at the expense (if any) of the Grand Prize Qualifier and at the convenience of Burtness Chevrolet. Burtness Chevrolet (in conjunction with WCLO/WJVL) will perform the credit eligibility check free of charge for the finalists chosen from the Grand Prize Qualifier pool on the day of the final giveaway event. Should a Grand Prize Qualifier determine that they are ineligible for credit or wish not to have their credit eligibility checked, they may request their entry be disqualified, allowing another member of the household with eligible credit to enter the contest.
- There is a limit of One Grand Prize Qualifier per household for the entire run of the contest.
- For online / on-air qualifying methods, all blanks on the official online entry page must be filled in or the entry will be invalid.
- All qualifiers must be present at the grand prize event at JNT’s Marine Pros N8066 County Highway “P”, Whitewater, Wisconsin, from 12-2pm on Saturday, June 21, 2014 to remain eligible for the final Drawing. Finalists will be selected from the Grand Prize Qualifier pool starting at 11:30am. Additionally, three more “Instant Grand Prize Finalists” will be selected during the event between 12:30 and 1:30pm. At approximately 1:45pm on June 21, 2014, the final grand prize event will be conducted and the grand prize will be awarded. WCLO/WJVL reserved the right to alter the times of the finalist drawing within the 12-2pm window. Only one finalist will be declared the grand prize winner.
- The grand prize is an inseparable package consisting of a 2012 G3 Outfitter V143T fishing boat and matching bear bunk trailer; 2014 warranty registered Yamaha 4-Stroke Engine as displayed with the boat and a 3-year lease of a 2014 Chevrolet Equinox LS. The entire Grand Prize Package will be displayed by WCLO/WJVL at the various “Don’t miss the Boat” locations during the broadcast times as well as selected time periods prior to the broadcasts. The retail value of the entire package is 21,424. The boat, motor, trailer and vehicle must all be accepted “as is” at the June 21st event.
- No portion of the grand prize package may be substituted, transferred or converted to cash. If the grand prize is not accepted by June 27, 2014, the prize will be forfeited and become the property of WCLO/WJVL.
- Winners are responsible for any taxes or fees associated with winning the prize, including but not limited to federal and state income tax, state sales tax, title and license and registration fees as required to own and operate the boat, motor and trailer.
- JNT’s Marine Pros, Burtness Chevrolet, Bliss Communications LLC, and their parent and subsidiary companies and participating sponsors are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the display, award or use of the prize; make no claim as to the condition of the vehicle on the date of the giveaway, and offer no warranty or other guarantees regarding acceptance of the prize.
- Contest begins on May 1, 2014. Contest ends on June 21, 2014.
- All decisions of WCLO/WJVL are final. WCLO/WJVL reserves the right to alter the contest structure and printed rules here after airing announcements of such changes for a minimum of 24 hours.
- By entering, contestants agree to allow WCLO/WJVL the complete and unrestricted use of their photo, likeness, name, video and/or voice recording and public social media posts regarding participation in the contest as a part of their promotional efforts without further compensation.
- Employees and immediate family members of WCLO/WJVL, The Janesville Gazette, JNT’s Marine Pros, Burtness Chevrolet and participating sponsors are not eligible to enter. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, brothers, sisters and children of an employee.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.