JVL apartment fire causes $12,000 in damage



An apartment fire in Janesville causes over $12,000 in damage.

The Janesville Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment building on the 1400 block of Canyon Drive just after noon Thursday.

Residents reported smoke emitting from the bedroom window of a first floor apartment.

The fire was contained to a bathroom and extinguished, but not before it caused thousands of dollars in heat and smoke damage.

Initial investigation determined that the tenant had emptied an ashtray into the bathroom trash earlier in the day.

All of the tenants made it out safely and nobody was injured.
 

Search