WCLO BASIC CONTEST RULES
The following are basic rules governing all contests conducted on WCLO and WJVL radio. In the event that no other rules are published for a particular contest or promotion, the following rules will apply. In some instances, rules for individual contests and promotions may conflict with these rules in which case, the individual contest rules will take precedence over these basic rules.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Limit of one entry per person. One winner per household address.
- Only official entry forms (online or paper) may be used to enter the contest.
- All blanks must be filled in accurately and as required or the entry may be considered ineligible. If an entry field does not apply to a contestant’s situation (for example, if you are not working but are asked for employer) it is acceptable to enter “n/a”, “none” or some other non-specific response.
- For entry-blank or entry-form based contests, winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received.
- For telephone contests, the on-air announcement preceding the contest will contain the specifics of the contest and will take precedence as it relates to the conditions of entering or winning a contest via telephone. Any points not addressed in the on-air announcement will be covered by these general rules.
- Entrants should be aware of the potential tax consequences of winning any prize. Awards of prizes valued at $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- All entry materials become the property of WCLO/WJVL and will not be returned.
- By registering, you give WCLO/WJVL the unrestricted authorization to use your submitted information including name, city of residence, photo, voice recording, video recording, entry materials or likeness in promotional materials without further compensation.
- For contests including online components (web entry form, social media entry or email form/entry), WCLO/WJVL cannot be held responsible for any issues arising within the digital pathway between the entrant and the station. These issues include, but are not limited to: access to a computer or mobile device, data restrictions, email size restrictions, bandwidth issues or restrictions, connectivity issues, time stamp issues, SPAM filtering issues on either end of the communication, hardware or software compatibility issues and other potential causes of that might impact the eligibility or entry to any online contest.
- WCLO/WJVL reserve the right to disqualify any entry not conforming to the rules of the promotion at any time. WCLO/WJVL and its contest and promotional partners assume no responsibility for entry fraud committed by any entrant. In the event it is determined that an ineligible entrant wins a prize, WCLO/WJVL reserve all rights to the ownership and return of the prize and all costs associated with remedying any prize award to an ineligible entry or entrant.
- Employees and immediate family members of WCLO, WJVL and participating sponsors are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren of the contestant.
- The decisions of WCLO/WJVL station management as to the interpretation of these rules are final. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by the decisions of WCLO/WJVL station management in any disputes arising from the participation in or execution of the contest.
- Unless otherwise indicated, prizes must be claimed at the WCLO/WJVL Studios at 1 South Parker Drive in Janesville during regular business hours within 30 days of winning. Prizes not claimed within 30 days will not be awarded. Business Hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- You are eligible to win a contest only once every 30 days. Entries to any WCLO/WJVL contest within 30 days of winning a prize will automatically be void.
- Failure to comply with any published contest rules is grounds for immediate disqualification from the contest.
- Bliss Communications Inc., and all its subsidiary operations including WCLO and WJVL are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- No purchase necessary to play. Void where prohibited.