As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact all areas of society, the stations of Big Radio provide this centralized resource for the convenience of residents and listeners. While by no means complete, we will strive to continually update the information here, especially as it relates to government body suggestions, guidance and local cancellations of events related to the crisis.
(If you have important information to convey to the public related to the COVID-19 situation, please send an email or release to firstname.lastname@example.org )
The latest local news relating to COVID-19:
The University of Wisconsin System is extending the operation of it’s COVID-19 “surge testing” sites like the one at UW-Whitewater until mid-January. UW System President Tommy Thompson announced Monday afternoon that the 22 sites across the state
Local movie theaters which have been shuttered for months due to the COVID-19 pandemic get some relief in the form of grants from the state. Classic Cinemas in Beloit CEO Chris Johnson says his theater was awarded
The Town of Beloit is reacting to the Rock County Public Health Department’s decision to move back to phase on of the reopening plan. According to a news release the Town of Beloit administrative offices closed to
Aids, Assistance and Resources during the crisis.
- Business Resources from the Rock County Development Alliance. Rock County Development Alliance Business Resources.
- IRS PORTAL for non-tax filers to provide information for receipt of their Economic Impact Payment. (Info and Link to IRS Portal Here)
- Information on CARES Act relating to regular payment procedures, how to avoid scams and the IRS fraud reporting form.
- Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- United Way Blackhawk Region COVID-19 Action Fund Details.
Detailed United Way Covid-19 Action Information Newsletter.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Support and Loan Information.
- USDA Food Assistance program. USDA Food Assistance Program highlights and links.
- Agriculture Industry USDA USDA Federal Resource Guide
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Unemployment Information for Employers and Employees.
- Wisconsin Manufacturer’s and Commerce Employer Tool Kit (*Great information for small businesses regarding the CARES act).
- U.S. Department of Labor Family and Medical Leave Information.
Notable event modifications
– 2021 Vets Roll trip has been canceled.
School & Higher Ed Information:
Janesville Schools COVID-19 Case Dashboard.
As schools and higher education institutions in our area release new information regarding summer/fall education opportunities and events, you will find links and details posted here.
Following are LOCAL Rock County Guidelines for our area.
NEW 1/22/21 — Vaccine Eligibility Link from Rock County Health Department.
NEW 1/22/21 — Instructions to obtain Phase 1A Covid-19 Vaccines (ages 65+, first responders) click here.
12/26/20 — Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) launched its new COVID-19 vaccine data page
11/16/20 – Rock County Health Department reverts to Stage 1 Reopening Plan. (read the plan)
Wisconsin Covid-19 Response & Recovery Dashboard
Governor Evers’ Health Emergency Declaration (3rd) issued 9/22/2020.
FAQ companion list to Emergency Order #3 (issued 10/8).
Rock County Re-Opening Criteria Dashboard (5/19/2020)
WEDC Business Reopening Guides
Required Safer Business Practices Summary
Rock County COVID-19 Resource Information HUB.
National situation update from the CDC, CLICK HERE.
Worldwide data charts and graphics from statistica.com
Wisconsin Hospital Association Facility use/case info.
Wisconsin Covid-19 Activity tracker, click here.
Rock County Health Department Corona Virus Page, click here.
City of Janesville Covid-19 Resource Page, click here.
Global tracking of COVID-19 CLICK HERE.