As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact all areas of society, the stations of Big Radio provide this centralized resource for the convenience of residents and listeners. While by no means complete, we will strive to continually update the information here, especially as it relates to government body suggestions, guidance and local cancellations of events related to the crisis.
(If you have important information to convey to the public related to the COVID-19 situation, please send an email or release to email@example.com )
The latest local news relating to COVID-19:
Hundreds of School District of Janesville staff members oppose the district’s plan for returning to schools this fall. The Janesville Education Association distributed a survey among the district’s staff, which found close to 75 percent of respondents
Despite the economic turmoil of COVID-19, the City of Janesville is projecting its general fund budget to finish 2020 in the black. Finance Director Max Gagin said their most recent quarterly projection had the city finishing the
The City of Beloit updates its local COVID-19 order and extends it another month. The city council voted unanimously Monday night to match Governor Tony Evers’ face mask order and require physical distancing in all shared or
Aids, Assistance and Resources during the crisis.
- Business Resources from the Rock County Development Alliance. Rock County Development Alliance Business Resources.
- IRS PORTAL for non-tax filers to provide information for receipt of their Economic Impact Payment. (Info and Link to IRS Portal Here)
- Information on CARES Act relating to regular payment procedures, how to avoid scams and the IRS fraud reporting form.
- Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- United Way Blackhawk Region COVID-19 Action Fund Details.
Detailed United Way Covid-19 Action Information Newsletter.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Support and Loan Information.
- USDA Food Assistance program. USDA Food Assistance Program highlights and links.
- Agriculture Industry USDA USDA Federal Resource Guide
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Unemployment Information for Employers and Employees.
- Wisconsin Manufacturer’s and Commerce Employer Tool Kit (*Great information for small businesses regarding the CARES act).
- U.S. Department of Labor Family and Medical Leave Information.
Notable event modifications
– Halloween Trick or Treat Hours are sporadic. Check with your local municipality.
-Beloit’s 11/27 Lighted Holiday Parade modified to spectator Drive-Thru with static
floats and displays.
– Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has been canceled.
– Tournament of Roses Parade (January 1, 2021) canceled.
– Times Square (NY) New Year’s Eve party canceled.
School & Higher Ed Information:
Janesville Schools COVID-19 Case Dashboard.
As schools and higher education institutions in our area release new information regarding summer/fall education opportunities and events, you will find links and details posted here.
Following are LOCAL Rock County Guidelines for our area.
Wisconsin Covid-19 Response & Recovery Dashboard
Governor Evers Emergency Declaration (2nd) issued 7/30
Wisconsin Mask Mandate Order effective 8/1 – 9/28
Wisconsin Mask Mandate FAQ list
Governor Evers’ Health Emergency Declaration (3rd) issued 9/22/2020.
NEW – Governor Evers’ Emergency Order #3 limiting public gatherings (10/8-11/6)
NEW – FAQ companion list to Emergency Order #3 (issued 10/8)
Rock County COVID-19 Resource Information HUB.
National situation update from the CDC, CLICK HERE.
Worldwide data charts and graphics from statistica.com
Wisconsin Hospital Association Facility use/case info.
Wisconsin Covid-19 Activity tracker, click here.
Rock County Health Department Corona Virus Page, click here.
City of Janesville Covid-19 Resource Page, click here.
Global tracking of COVID-19 CLICK HERE.