As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact all areas of society, the stations of Big Radio provide this centralized resource for the convenience of residents and listeners. While by no means complete, we will strive to continually update the information here, especially as it relates to government body suggestions, guidance and local cancellations of events related to the crisis.
(If you have important information to convey to the public related to the COVID-19 situation, please send an email or release to firstname.lastname@example.org )
The latest local news relating to COVID-19:
The School District of Janesville is projecting a structural deficit in the near future, and COVID-19 is only making it worse. Chief Financial Officer Dan McCrea presented the district’s financial forecast to the school board Tuesday night
The impact of COVID-19 is apparent in the latest jobless report from the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development. The U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics reported a 17 percent unemployment rate in Rock County for the month of
All the extra time at home this spring hasn’t been good for the city of Beloit’s sewer system. Director of Water Resources Bill Frisbee said the wastewater staff is seeing more blockages caused by so-called “flushable” wipes,
Aids, Assistance and Resources during the crisis.
- Business Resources from the Rock County Development Alliance. Rock County Development Alliance Business Resources.
- IRS PORTAL for non-tax filers to provide information for receipt of their Economic Impact Payment. (Info and Link to IRS Portal Here)
- Information on CARES Act relating to regular payment procedures, how to avoid scams and the IRS fraud reporting form.
- Boys and Girls Club of Wisconsin COVID-19 Relief Fund.
- United Way Blackhawk Region COVID-19 Action Fund Details.
Detailed United Way Covid-19 Action Information Newsletter.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Support and Loan Information.
- NEW – USDA Food Assistance program. USDA Food Assistance Program highlights and links.
- Agriculture Industry USDA USDA Federal Resource Guide
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Unemployment Information for Employers and Employees.
- Wisconsin Manufacturer’s and Commerce Employer Tool Kit (*Great information for small businesses regarding the CARES act).
- U.S. Department of Labor Family and Medical Leave Information.
Notable event modifications
– Edgerton Tobacco Heritage Days canceled for 2020.
– Janesville’s Rockport Park Pool and Palmer Park Wading Pools will
not open for summer 2020.
– The Dunn County Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Columbia County Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Lodi Ag Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Stoughton Fair has cancelled their fair July 2020 Fair.
– The Elroy Fair has cancelled their June 2020 Fair.
– The Dane County Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Green Lake County Fair has cancelled their August 2020 Fair.
– The Sauk County Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Kewaunee County Fair has cancelled their July 2020 Fair.
– The Monroe County Ag Society cancelled the Budweiser Dairyland
Super National Truck & Tractor Pull June 2020 event.
– The Oneida County Fair has cancelled their August 2020 Fair.
- Democratic National Nominating Convention in Milwaukee postponed until the week of August 17.
School & Higher Ed Information:
As schools and higher education institutions in our area release new information regarding summer/fall education opportunities and events, you will find links and details posted here.
THE STATEWIDE “Safer at Home Order” was overturned by the
Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Following are LOCAL Rock County Guidelines for our area.
NEW – Rock County Phased Re-Opening Plan effective 8am May 21, 2020.
NEW – City of BELOIT Re-Opening Order effective May 18, 2020.
NEW – City of JANESVILLE Re-Opening Guidance effective May 21, 2020.
NEW – Rock County Re-Opening Criteria Dashboard (5/19/2020)
Rock County COVID-19 Resource Information HUB.
National situation update from the CDC, CLICK HERE.
Worldwide data charts and graphics from statistica.com
Wisconsin Hospital Association Facility use/case info.
Wisconsin tests and cases, click here.
Rock County Health Department Corona Virus Page, click here.
City of Janesville Covid-19 Resource Page, click here.
Global tracking of COVID-19 CLICK HERE.