Fire displaces Janesville family


A Janesville mother and her two kids may be alive today thanks to their smoke detector.  Firefighters arrived to find smoke and flames coming from an apartment in the 1400 block of Hamilton Avenue at 12:15 a.m. Saturday.  Officials say the family was cooking french fries, got distracted, and went to bed.  They say the family was awaken by the smoke detector.  Damage is considered extensive.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>