WCLO offers free airtime to organizations and events that enhance life in our community:
In Your Community Interview Request
IN YOUR COMMUNITY – LOCAL FEATURES
WCLO offers non profit organizations and special event organizers the opportunity to be a focal point on their community radio station with our community interview programs. This unique program is reserved for non-commercial purposes. Please review the following guidelines before submitting your request for an interview feature.
GUIDELINES FOR APPROPRIATE NON-PROFIT “IN YOUR COMMUNITY” FEATURES
1) The beneficiary organization must have a solid and obvious local connection to Rock County.
2) The event or promotional interview benefits a non-profit or community service organization or in some other way provides non-commercial information of interest to the general population. “Image enhancement” marketing efforts by commercial entities aligning with charitable causes are not eligible for this feature format.
3) The feature should contain a call to action; a reason and means for the listeners to participate.
4) There should be a minimum of 3 weeks notice before the event or the expiration of the information to allow time to conduct the interview, produce the feature, and air the feature for a period of not less than 10 days.
5) Contact name and phone number should be provided for the person who will participate in the telephone or in-person interview. Interviews are generally conducted between 10am-2:30pm as available with our staff and production schedule.
* Production time, producer and facilities use are provided at no charge for “In Your Community” interviews. However, these items are an expense of the station’s resources and constitute an in-kind contribution of approximately $100.
* Features will be edited for time and content at the discretion of the producer following completion of the initial interview. Following the production of any feature, errors will be corrected through editing if possible. If editing of the feature is not possible to correct any errors, the feature will be pulled from further airing and will not be re-produced.
* There is no guarantee as to the time, date or number of times any feature will air except to say that the windows for possible airings will be M-F from 5am-6pm and Saturday from 6am-8am. It is reasonable to expect (though not guaranteed) that a feature may run an average of 2-3 times per week while it is active with a value of $75 per airing.
* All interviews are subject to the approval of the programming department and/or management of WCLO. Completing all guidelines does not guarantee an interview or frequency of air time.
To have request an “In Your Community” interview on WCLO, please complete the form below: