Oil on stove blamed for downtown Janesville fire

(Gazette photo) A seven-story Janesville apartment building needs to be evacuated while firefighters battled a kitchen fire on the 4th floor.  Firefighters say the atrium was filled with smoke from the 2nd to 7th floor when thy responded to the 200 block of North Main Street about 1:30 Wednesday afternoon.  Investigators say the fire started from a pan of oil being heated on a stove which spread to the cabinets.  The fire was put out with a fire extinguisher, and no one was reported injured.  Damage estimated at around $20 thousand.